Working with the care centre and healthcare teams, we offer one-to-one support and group work to young people between the ages of 11 and 18 years old who are experiencing drug and alcohol problems.
- Advice, information & guidance on substance misuse
- One to one key working with a specialist substance misuse worker
- Peer support (Drop-in, SMART meetings, Recovery Champions, : Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous)
- Recovery groups
- Substitute prescribing
- Supported access to drug & alcohol rehabilitation
- Community based detoxification & access to inpatient detoxification
- Recovery orientated activities: including relaxation, meditation, art therapy, alternative therapies, cycling club, football league, bowling, gym and much more.
- Aftercare support including volunteering opportunities and peer mentorship.
Please visit our glossary for definitions of the above.
Who we help: Young people aged between 11 and 18 years old who are in the care of Barton Moss Secure Care Centre and experiencing drug and alcohol problems.
Partners: Bridgewater NHS, Greater Manchester West NHS, and HM Prisons