Our Discover Building Futures Prison Services run in HMP Preston, HMP Wymott and HMP Garth. Working in partnership with GMW NHS Trust, we provide support for men in custody who have drug and alcohol problems. Through one-to-ones and group sessions, the Phoenix Futures team provide a therapeutic approach to treatment, while the GMW NHS Trust team provide medical treatment.
- Advice, information & guidance on substance misuse
- One to one key working with a specialist substance misuse worker
- Peer support (Drop-in, SMART meetings, Recovery Champions, : Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous)
- Recovery groups
- Substitute prescribing
- Supported access to drug & alcohol rehabilitation
- Community based detoxification & access to inpatient detoxification
- Recovery orientated activities: including relaxation, meditation, art therapy, alternative therapies, cycling club, football league, bowling, gym and much more.
- Aftercare support including volunteering opportunities and peer mentorship.
Please visit our glossary for definitions of the above.
Who we help: Men aged 18 years or over who are in custody and experiencing drug and alcohol problems.
Our partners: GMW NHS Trust
HMP Preston: 2 Ribbleton Lane, Preston, PR1 5AB
HMP Garth: Ulnes Walton Lane, Leyland, PR26 8NE
HMP Wymott: Ulnes Walton Lane, Leyland, PR26 8NE
Get in touch: 07814984776