- 31 bedroom all single rooms with en suite accessible wet rooms
- 4 large modern lounge areas with 4 large activity spaces for group activities and interventions
- Large communal dining area and social space which accommodates the whole community
- On-site leisure activities include a Pool table, gym, TV/games consoles, games, arts & crafts, music room with instruments, gardening
- Ability appropriate off-site activities which could include walks, sailing, cycling, canoeing, football, gym, swimming, badminton, ten-pin bowling, drama and dance, art therapy, shopping trips, trips to museums and art galleries, cinema and Recovery through Nature
- Dedicated family meeting spaces for residents to have visits with family and children, also for contact visits with children where social services are involved.
- 2 gardens with our own food growing project and reflection area
- Therapeutic Community Model
- Psycho-Social / Cognitive Behavioural therapy
- Life story work
- Full group work programme focusing on personal development, relapse prevention, life skills and planning for the future
- Complementary therapies and various Health and Wellbeing activities for example Yoga, Creative Writing, cycling.
- Department work – supporting the running of the house and learning key employability skills
We accept referrals from across the UK including from Local Authorities and Health and Social Care Partnerships. We also accept self-funded referrals and SPS referrals as part of the Prison to Rehab Pathway, please contact the service for more information.
In order to meet your recovery aims safely and effectively we use a comprehensive person-centred assessment and management plan. With your consent and involvement we assess your individual health, communication, mobility and safeguarding needs. We endeavour to make adaptations to the programme, communication and environment where possible in order to ensure that our services are as inclusive as possible. Following assessment with your consent we may ask for further information in order to assess your need.
We provide medically-supervised therapeutic detoxes. For clients who require a detox specific criteria applies, please contact us for details.
Our programmes are delivered in English and whilst we endeavour to provide translated and accessible programme materials basic English comprehension is required.
We are committed to treating our staff, clients, their families and carers in a manner that is equitable, free from discrimination and ensures dignity and respect for all.
Evidence of Effectiveness
A review of the international evidence for Residential Treatment Services shows that there is a strong and consistent evidence base supportive of the benefits of residential treatment that derives both from treatment outcome studies and randomised trials. To read a review of the evidence by Sheffield Hallam University's Helena Kennedy Centre for International Justice click here.
Scotland Residential Service15 Castlebank Villas, Glasgow, G13 2XA
Similar Support Services
Ophelia HouseLocation: Oxfordshire
Abstinence-based, trauma responsive residential treatment for women looking to address their substance use
New Oakwood Lodge, DerbyEnhanced individualised care for those with co-existing mental health alongside problematic substance use
Enhanced individualised care for those with co-existing mental health alongside problematic substance use