WHAT WE DO:
Our Abstinent Houses focus on working with people who need support to maintain their abstinence while gaining the skills and confidence required to obtain and sustain independent accommodation.
HOW WE WORK:
We work in partnership with treatment providers and statutory services to support people to create support plans. We work with the people that use our services to develop their strengths while identifying areas
of their lives they would like to improve, providing practical support and guidance.
We strive to create positive communities within our housing services. People who live in our houses are supported by the community, they take part in activities, plan events and play an active role in the day to day running of the household including participating in weekly house meetings.
WHO WE ARE:
We provide residential, community, supported housing and prison services across across the U.K., offering group work, one-to-one sessions, and peer support to aid people on their journey of recovery.
We believe in being the best, we are passionate about recovery and we value our history and use it to inform our future.
Our skilled and dedicated team work with people who have a desire to change their pattern of behaviour and substance use.
We do this by supporting people to address lifestyle, health, social and criminal justice issues, empowering them to make and sustain positive change and reintegrate into the wider community.
• A safe, supportive environment for people to live and focus on their recovery
· Single, furnished bedrooms
· Communal bathroom, kitchen and lounge facilities
· A dedicated team available Monday - Friday
· Access to 24 hour on call support
• One to one support and action planning
• Drug and alcohol testing
• Drug and alcohol support and advice
• Crisis and relapse management
• Emotional support
• Access to treatment services
• Practical advice and support
• Life skills development
• Support to access education, training and employment opportunities
• Benefit advice
• Support network development
• Access to our Recovery Through Nature Programme
YOUR MOVE ON:
• Support to identify and access suitable move on accommodation
• Pre-tenancy training
• Tenancy support and advice
LENGTH OF SUPPORT:
Depending on your needs, accommodation and support will be available for 12 months. We will continue to offer ongoing advice and guidance after you have moved on from the service.
How to apply for accommodation and support:
For referral guidance or further advice, please contact a member of our team on:
Address: 161-163 Strathmore Crescent, Benwell, Newcastle, NE4 8UA
John Doohan, Project Manager: 07880 506 587
Craig Mann, Housing Support Worker: 07814 449 248