Although we provide a diverse range of services our expertise in psychosocial treatment and support is the common thread that runs through everything we do.
Phoenix are the experts in people, understanding the influence of psychological factors and the surrounding social environment on their physical and mental health and wellbeing. At our core, we support individuals, families and communities to recover from drug and alcohol problems.
The Sustainable Recovery strategy has 3 areas of focus:
- We will continue to deliver and develop services that sustain recovery
- We will ensure we have the skills and resources to sustain delivery
- We commit to making a sustainable difference in the world
Services that Sustain Recovery
Our psychosocial expertise is vital. People need psychological interventions, social support, meaningful use of time, sense of purpose and a place of safety to sustain their recovery.
We are committed to:
- Improved access to psychosocial support – creating more inclusive environments where people can find the help they need
- Developing new pathways between services – to enable people to move safely through different settings
- Sharing our wide range of specialist housing models to enable local regions to fill gaps in their housing approaches
- Developing our expertise in a wider range of multiple and additional needs including trauma and mental health
- Evidencing the impact of our approaches using research techniques and partnerships
Charity with the skills and resources to sustain recovery
A sound financial footing is essential to surviving in the substance misuse sector.
One of the reasons we are a secure charity is because we focus on creating the right processes to support good governance.
We are committed to:
- Investing in improved automation of our HR and finance processes
- Developing our learning and development offer for our staff and volunteers
- Recruiting the most talented people into our organisation
- Delivering projects focused on Diversity & Inclusion and Health and Wellbeing
Making a sustainable difference in the world
Our last strategy launched our commitment to speaking out against stigma. When we talk about stigma what we actually mean is discrimination. Judgements and behaviours that limit opportunities for people in addiction and recovery.
- Speak out and to give insight into the lives of people who experience addiction
- Continue to give voice to people who use and need our services and support their human right to recover
Phoenix has a history of learning how to better care for the environment.
- Declare carbon neutral status in November 2020
- Develop new environmental sustainability activities through our focus group
- Embed our Recovery through Nature programme into all of services